Objectives of the Qualification/ Program
The Diploma in dairy farm worker is a work based qualification designed for new employees within the dairy farming sector. The main objective of the qualification is to offer the opportunity to prove competence of industrial performance, knowledge and understanding and to recognize the ability of individuals working in the sector.
Description of the Qualification/ Program
Department of Animal Production offers common course in the field of Animal Production to the trainees during Trimester 3. During this period, the focus will be on developing the basic and advanced skills of the trainees in terms of Animal and Farm Management Sciences.
The department offers courses such as
- Basic Principles of Animal Production
- Animal Health & Food Safety
- Animal Nutrition
- Bio Security, etc
During Trimester 4, Trimester 5 & Trimester 6, Department of Animal Production offers two specialized courses to the trainees in the following specializations in order to have focused learning and expertise in the respective stream.
1. Dairy Production
2. Poultry Production
Any Pre-requisite/ eligibility for admission
Admission to the diploma in Animal Production does not require any prior qualification in Animal Production or any experience
of working in Animal Sciences. However, the trainees should have at least completed high school with good results in English,
Biology, and Chemistry with 80% or above.
- Theoretical Assessments (Formative and Summative)
- Practical Assessment- in Labs and in Farm during Visits
- On Job Training Assessment – Paper based and practical assessment
Duration of the Program/ Total Qualification Hours
- Total Training Hours at DFP: 2640 Hours (40*11=440*6=2640 Contact Hours)
- Total Training Guided Learning Hours: 2640+880=3520 Hours
- OJT Hours: 880 Hours (22*40=880) two Trimesters 11 weeks each one
- Credit Hours: 158
- Total Qualification Time (TQT) = 3770 Hours
- Trainee Satisfaction Feedback
- Graduate Satisfaction Feedback
- Line Manager/ Employer Feedback
Facilities and Resources
- Experienced and Qualified Trainers
- Modern State of the art Labs and Workshops
- Multimedia Classrooms
- Conducive Learning Environment
- Hostels/ Accommodation
- Counseling Services for trainees
- Sports and Recreational Activities
Head of Specialization Profile
He got his Veterinary Doctor from Ion Ionescu de la Brad University of Veterinary Medicine, Iasi, Romania in 2008. He worked as an AP Head of Department of DFP from 2012 to present. He also worked for Cinop, National Sanitary Veterinary & Food Safety Authority and Hortivet-Serv within this time period.