Department of Dairy & Food Technology offers common course in the field of Dairy & Food Technology to the trainees spread across Trimester 3 & Trimester 4. During this period, the focus will be on developing the basic and advanced skills of the trainees in terms of dairy & food sciences.
The department offers courses such as
- Basic Principles of Food Technology
- Principles of Food Chemistry
- Principles of Food Microbiology
- Principles of Food Engineering
- Unit Operations
- Quality Control
- Economics/Business Awareness
- Food Processing & Technology etc.
During Trimester 5 & Trimester 6, Department of Dairy & Food Technology offers three specialized courses to the trainees in the following specializations in order to have focused learning and expertise in the respective stream
- Dairy Technology
- Poultry Meat Technology
- Bakery Technology